Friday, January 14, 2011

and look... MORE lembas...

It's 2 AM right now, and tonight my can of Amp and I have trimmed the film down to 1 hour and 48 minutes, from 2 hours. This pass consisted of the low-hanging fruit; the easiest trimming decisions.

The next pass will be harder. It's likely that entire segments will have to go (to the bonus section) to get it down to 90 minutes or so. Granted, it doesn't HAVE to be 90 minutes long, but there's no question it can be tightened up more from where it is now.

Tonight's editing session would have been more productive if I hadn't spent the first hour of it in a panic looking for my notebook. No worries, I'll make up the time tomorrow after we get back from swimming lessons! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh look, it's 4 AM now! Some cutaways were integrated since this post went live. Goodnight all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 PM the next day, and the runtime is down to 1:45. I don't really know how that happened, since I actually ADDED some dialog. :)

    ReplyDelete