Thursday, June 24, 2010

You can't stop progress

This past Saturday, I spent a good 3 hours editing. I played with the end credits and outtakes sequence (putting the cart before the horse a bit, I know, but I'm having fun with the end credits!) and integrated a bunch of quotes I'd filmed at the Lobster Trap event just after Essen.

This editing session was unexpected, actually. I'd been feeling a tad uninspired about doing any work on the film that week. Inspiration ebbs and flows on any long-term project like this, and I was definitely in an ebb.

Then somebody gave me a little push, just by saying, "Oh, no plans to work on the doc at all this weekend?" (in a sort of taunting way, very much on purpose). Sometimes, all you need to get back to feeling creative is that small push to dive in and get back into it. And now I'm feeling re-inspired, and back into it!

So thanks for that push. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment