Saturday, March 12, 2011

Going Cardboard on Kickstarter



It's been quite a week, I must say. I finally launched the Kickstarter campaign for Going Cardboard. This happened last Wednesday morning, which also happened to be my birthday. :)

For 15 nail-biting minutes, nothing happened. And then you board gamers did what you board gamers do - support our cause in spades! And within just over 24 hours, the project was fully funded, and it's... Still. GOING.

I am humbled, and deeply appreciative of all the support. I can't express thanks enough, and what was already an exciting time is now just surreal. This is a week I'll never forget. Mind you, life wasn't kind enough to pause during this. I had to take my car into the shop the first day, take the cat to the vet the second day, and then right into PAX East weekend. Holy action, batman!

There's still quite a lot to do, but now I will be sharing it with you as it happens, in greater detail than before.

So, thank you. I just don't know what else to say.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lorien
    I created a game called Global®. The game lets players become both ecologically concerned investors and philanthropists. While participants need no previous knowledge of ecological issues to play the game, becoming a skilled player is a challenging and rewarding endeavor. Global® stands out from the other games currently on the market because of its exciting new hybrid concept of NetBoarding™. NetBoarding™ combines the traditional board game style with the contemporary phenomenon of the internet by being played with both a game board and website


    Global allows players of all ages to be creative and write their own Conference and News Flash WebCards™, allowing them to customize the game to discuss environmental issues relevant to their own family, friends, or place of employment. Players can write these cards on our Facebook page, allowing people all over the world to comment on whether the submitted Webcard™ is worthy of being added to the game.
    If you have any question please do not hesitate to call me. In the mean while please take a look at my website

    globalthegame.com or You Tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuQWZBhEvBQ


    Looking forward to hearing from you


    Jacques Amar

    ReplyDelete